YAESU FT-817ND Ricetrasmettitore portatile HF-50-144-430MHz
Wide Receiver Frequency Coverage
Enjoy shortwave and FM broadcasts, public safety communications, and airband calls thanks to the extended frequency coverage of the FT-817ND, which includes reception on 100 kHz – 56 MHz, 76 – 108 MHz (W-FM only), 108 – 154 MHz, and 420 – 470 MHz.
Two Antenna Connectors for Ease of Installation
The front panel includes a convenient BNC connector for attachment of a whip or VHF/UHF rubber flex antenna (supplied). The rear panel includes a type “M” (“SO-239”) connector.
As shipped from the factory, the BNC jack is active on 50/144/430 MHz, while the “M” connector is active on HF. But using the Menu, you can assign, for example, 50 and 144 MHz to the rear panel, if your coaxial cables have matching plugs.
Receiver Enahncement Features
• IF Shift – For reduction of adjacent-frequency interference.
• IF Noise Blanker – For reduction of ignition and other impulse-type noise.
• IPO (Intercept Point Optimization) – Bypasses RX Preamp on HF/50
MHz for improved performance during strong-signal conditions.
• ATT (Front End Attenuator) – For more pleasant reception of very
Outstanding CW Features
• CW “Semi Break-in,” with T/R recovery delay programmable from 10
ms ~ 2500 ms. At 10 ms setting, performance emulates QSK
• CW Reverse: provides BFO injection from LSB-side, instead of default
• CW Pitch Control: adjusts TX offset and (identical) sidetone between
300 Hz and 1000 Hz in 50 Hz steps; this allows precise spotting on DX
stations. Sidetone level is adjustable.
• Built-in Electronic Keyer, with speed adjustable between 4 WPM and
60 WPM, and Weight (Dot:Dash Ratio) adjustable between 1:2.5 and
• For emergency use, the Menu allows you to set up the Microphone’s
[UP] and [DWN] keys for generation of “Dots” and “Dashes” on CW!
Versatile, Easy-To-See Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
A wealth of information is available on the front panel LCD:
• When you have to be away from the radio for a few minutes, but
would like a visual indication of activity while you’re away, activate the Spectrum Scope Monitor. The Spectrum Scope Monitor allows you to watch activity ±5 channels from the current operating frequency.
• The LCD illumination color may be set to either Blue or Amber color, using the Menu.
• Watch for low battery trouble using the Battery Voltage Meter display selection.
• For ease of viewing while outdoors, you can double the size of the
High Performance Collins® Mechanical Filter Options
An optional filter slot is provided in the FT-817ND, allowing the owner to install one of two available Collins® Mechanical Filters. For CW operation, choose the 7-pole YF-122C (500 Hz bandwidth), or for very natural-sounding SSB select the 10-pole YF-122S (2.3 kHz bandwidth).
Internal Battery Power
The FT-817 is the only rig in its class with internal battery operation capability. Shipped from the factory with a battery tray for 8 “AA” batteries, the FT-817D may also be operated from the optional FNB-72 Ni-Cd battery pack. full power output is available under battery power.
Other manufacturers radios make you carry around a heavy external power source. . .but the FT-817ND is entirely self-contained, making it ideal for backpacking or search-and-rescue work.